Shahi Paneer is a rich and creamy Indian dish that is a favorite among vegetarian food lovers. This dish is made with paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and a creamy tomato-based gravy. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to making Shahi Paneer.
- 250 grams paneer, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Fry until they start to splutter.
- Add chopped onions and fry until they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry until the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry until they turn mushy.
- Add all the spices – red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala powder. Mix well and fry for a minute.
- Add kasuri methi and mix well.
- Add paneer cubes and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream and salt to taste. Mix well and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or rice.
This is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for dinner parties or special occasions. The creamy and flavorful gravy complements the soft and chewy paneer cubes, making it a royal delight for vegetarian food lovers.
Shahi Paneer is a popular Indian dish that’s perfect for those who love rich and creamy vegetarian food. With this step-by-step guide, you can easily make this dish at home and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills. So, the next time you’re craving a royal feast, give this recipe a try and savor the flavors of India.